Friday, September 7, 2012

One month left!!

The Chicago Marathon is in 1 month. 

How did we get here?? Well, four months of hard work, that's the first answer. But with one left to go, the race is clearly in sight. With every long run I get more and more confidence that I can actually do this. I just have to stay focused and keep training, and get excited. I admit, I'm getting really tired of the long runs, and am starting to count how many more times I have to wake up at 5am on Saturdays/Sundays (down to 5, I can count them on one hand!), and since we're in our peak weeks, I'm pretty tired a lot. Although my back doesn't hurt much anymore (I really only feel it sometimes when I'm exercising or get up from bed), I'm still getting the usual aches and pains. The end is in sight though!

This weekend instead of my usual long run with the team (18 miles), I am running the Chicago Half Marathon. Initially I was a little nervous about running 13 rather than 18, but one of my trainers told me to just run my race, don't worry about adding mileage, and don't slack off. Kind of funny that a 13 mile run seems like a breather from the 18 my team will be doing! The forecast for Sunday looks like it's in the low 70's and sunny (hooray!) so I'm looking forward to a good race to get me back on track, and kickstart me into the home stretch. 

Also, I'm going to keep in mind the following tips from an article in Runner's World for half marathon and marathon training tips. You can't cram for a marathon, so now is the time to be consistent.

And in the meantime, enjoy this video to get you pumped up for the marathon: 

2 comments:

  1. I feel like a stalker reading your posts. I'm doing the Chicago marathon for team bright pink too but live in Cleveland so I've been doing the runs solo. Just came across your blog last week. If you're on Facebook my fb name is Amy Strauss Stossel. Hope to meet you at the pre race events :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy--

    Awesome!! Best of luck with training and I will definitely see you at the pasta party.

    ReplyDelete