Wednesday, September 5, 2012

26 Donors for 26 Miles

As my training is ramping up for the final push (we are in our "peak" three weeks), our team fundraising is also ramping up. I'm almost at my fundraising goal for Bright Pink, and as a way to push me over the top I'm going to have my 26 miles "sponsored" by my donors (I stole this idea from one of my training mates, can't claim credit!). For me, this is a way to both thank you for your generosity, and to inspire me when I need a little something extra on the course.

The idea is that I will get 26 donors and I will dedicate a mile to each donor. I'm either going to memorize the list or laminate a little card (in my experience ink runs when wet with sweat!) to carry with me during the race. Before the marathon I'll also write up a little bit about each sponsored mile. So far this is what the list looks like:

Mile 1: Laura Amodeo
Mile 2: Sue Milkman
Mile 3: Ed Medeiros
Mile 4: Mom & Billy
Mile 5: Terri Sacco
Mile 6: Beth Martin & Al Sarrantonio
Mile 7: Thayer Preece
Mile 8: Tim
Mile 9: Erin Walker
Mile 10: Lisa Freeman
Mile 11: Maureen & Bill Chace
Mile 12: Jen Golenia
Mile 13: In Memory of Megan 
Mile 14: Jen Chin
Mile 15: Kate Carr
Mile 16: Maura Chace
Mile 17: Tofer Carlson
Mile 18: Steve Nazaran
Mile 19: The Cirillos
Mile 20: James Camara
Mile 21: John & Judy Lally
Mile 22: Noelle Miller
Mile 23: Marianne Montgomery
Mile 24: Madeline Sola
Mile 25: Mike & Lucy Warenski
Mile 26: Adam Epstein

And the last 0.2 will be my personal donation which is the change I've been collecting at my desk at work, as I (hopefully) SPRINT to the finish line!

I might shuffle people around, but you get the basic idea. Want in?? There's a few more spots left! 

As always, thanks for reading and thank you for your support!

**UPDATE: THANK YOU!!! All of my miles are sponsored!! You can still donate on my fundraising page here and I promise I won't forget about you during the race!

4 comments:

  1. Crap! I wish I had seen this earlier. I am donating now. You better think of me!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could I not think of you?! Hopefully it's cool enough to rock my legwarmers. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey way cool putting me on Mile 18 because I WILL BE ON THE 18th MILE!

    I'm volunteering at the water station between the 17 & 18, just after the Cliff-gel shots on Taylor in Italian Village!!

    Good luck again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve, happy coincidence! I'm sure I'll be glad to see a familiar face.

    ReplyDelete