Friday, May 18, 2012

My support team

Generally when I refer to my support team, it's my Mom, Tim, Aunty Maureen...anyone who sent something, came to visit, or helped when I was recovering from my surgeries. But not this time. This time it's about bras. Supporting my boobs. 

Last weekend I went with my Mom to Fleet Feet in search of The Greatest Sports Bra Ever. I figured not only is it important to have support when you have boobs on the larger size, but doubly if your boobs are new and fake, and triply if you're training for a marathon. Gone are the days where I will be picking sports bras that come in S/M/L at Target for running. I wear those day to day (no real bras for a few more months), and those were borderline okay for me before, but now I want the best support. These puppies have a lot of miles ahead of them, so I gotta take care of them so they're always perky! 

At Fleet Feet they have sports bras in regular band/cup sizes and will actually measure you  like they would at fancy lingerie stores. The girl helping me actually said their new way of measuring wasn't accurate and that I should just use my regular size. Funny thing is, I still don't actually know what bra size I am! They don't really sell bras in 650 or 800 cc, so I just went with what I was before. My real bra fitting will have to wait for another day.

And the award for Greatest Sports Bra Ever is.....the Moving Comfort Fiona Sports bra! 

Happiness in $50 worth of Polyester and Lycra
This is the best sports bra I've ever had. Two boobs up. It is so soft and comfortable. It has a band with hook closures like a real bra, so you don't have to squeeze it over your head. Because I still can't reach my arms all the way up, that vetoes any bra that I have to put on over my head. (If there was a video camera in the dressing room though, I'm sure someone had a good laugh watching me try.) It comes in 7 colors (although Fleet Feet is pretty no nonsense and only had white and black. I got both, naturally). The coverage is great, so the band won't rub up on my incisions. The straps are adjustable with velcro at the front, but they aren't racerback, so they will stick out of any tank top I wear. But I DON'T CARE because the bra is that awesome. I've taken it for a few test drives and it's performing very well! These puppies aren't going anywhere.

I always get a little sad when I see a woman running with not enough support. Seriously ladies, you don't have to live like that! No one's boobs should be hitting them in the face. If you are chesty and run at all, the investment in a great sports bra is totally worth it, your boobs will thank you in 10 years. 

1 comment: