Friday, June 29, 2012

My perfect running tank: a love story

When I first started training I went in search of the perfect running tank. Nothing I had really fit the bill, and I needed to make sure my new girls were well supported and I had plenty of pockets for stashing everything I would need on my long runs. I am pretty resistant to hydration belts (although that may change) and all of the pockets in running pants are never large enough for my needs. A girl's gotta be able to stash a fair amount in her pockets! 

I walked into Fleet Feet and ask for some tanks with pockets, and the saleswoman delivered! She must have put about 15 tanks for me to try on in there. I finally came upon these Nike tanks:
I can easily stash/pull stuff out of these pockets, as they have no zippers. They are nice and roomy and I can run with confidence that nothing will fall out. I have been wearing them regularly, but this past weekend I tested it at the Women's 5K, since I was flying solo without my athletic supporter. I needed to stash my keys, license, credit card, CTA card, iPod + headphones, phone, $20 cash, the free granola handed out at the finish, and a partridge in a pear tree. I think I also had a banana in there at one point. Everything was handled pretty well back there, except at the finish sprint I could feel my phone bouncing. 

Look at me go in my Perfect Tank!
I've been told before that I shop like a guy, because when I find something I like I get at least 2 of them in different colors. True to form I picked up the pink (of course!) and highlighter yellow versions. Perfection does come at a price though, these set me back $50 each. But the ability to stash a banana in my back pocket? Priceless. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation! I can't get enough of pockets in my workout gear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. At first when I looked at the post, I thought you were posting pictures of Megan. You look so much like her!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete